Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Race Recap!

I race the Sprint for Life 5K with my mom every year. it is a wonder tradition and celebration of her overcoming ovarian cancer.

This year was a beautiful day for a race. It was cool and bright and I felt great the entire time: fearless, roaring and brave!

 
ll you stood there with me in the doorway
My hands shake
I'm not usually this way but
You pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss,
It's flawless,
Really something,
It's fearless
 
 
 
 
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
 
 
 

Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
 

No comments:

Post a Comment