Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

First New Word: You

The past few days I have laid low and focused on just "doing me." It has been cold here in H-town, so the dogs and I have curled up under blankets and I have cocconed myself with all my writing notebooks,  IPAD, laptop, pens and cups of tea. I've meditated, written, worked out (walking and yoga mostly) and have fed my body nice, clean, healthy meals. I have consciously not scheduled any appointments, and besides having to work second shift this evening, I have not left the house expect to take Tiny Dancer to dance class. It has been awesome. I felt a little irritated today that I had to leave my little nest to spend time at the evil place they keep my paycheck.

I know I can't spend every day curled up doing what I really want to do. Real life beckons and kids and dogs demand to be fed, but it was nice to be reminded that I have things I want to do as well, and I feel happier and better when I do them. And it is OK to spend time on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment